Friday, May 8, 2020

Hello, World!

Welcome to The Nerdy Book Lover!


Hi! I'm Kirstyn Todd, and I've been wanting to start this blog for a long time, so here I finally am! 😄 This is my wonderful bookish blog full of bookish awesomeness and craziness. I almost guarantee you there will be fangirling at some point. Maybe there will be ranting... I guess if I do this long enough, there will be. 😆

But aside from all the craziness, there will be other things, like book reviews, which is mainly what this site is for. I'm also going to try monthly TBR lists, since I've never really done those before, and share my reading goals with you. There might be the occasional book haul post (actually, I've got one planned), but since I rarely have enough money to buy a bunch of new books, those will probably not show up very much.

Other things to expect from me would be biweekly reading updates and, considering a lot of the inspiration for this site came from booktuber jessethereader, whatever random bookish fun content I can think up. You're in for a ride if you decide to follow! 😄

I will try to keep my reviews spoiler-free, for those who may be planning to read the books in question. But something to note about these: it will take at least one reread for me to write a review for any one book. I tend to forget about details really quickly, so I will do one pleasure read, and then read again with a more analytic mindset. Keep this in mind when reading my biweekly reading updates. 😄

Also keep in mind that I have never done this before, aside from a few thrown-together reviews on Goodreads, so I'll have to improve my reviewing skills with every post. If you have any feedback or suggestions, let me know in the comments!

That's it for this post; if you would like to know more about me, see my About Me page, and if I've successfully interested you in my blog, maybe drop me a follow! I hope to see you next time.

Happy reading!
--Kirstyn 

4 comments:

  1. Fiiiiirst :D
    Can't wait to see what you post next!! Love your blog so far, it's looking great! 😄
    Most crazily, ~Olive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yay, you beat Madi! 😂 And thank you very much!

      Delete
  2. HOW DARE SHE BEAT ME *breathes fire* But I’m so excited about your bloggy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol too slow! 😄 And yes, me too! I can't believe I'm FINALLY doing this!

      Delete